[MARMAM] Announcement: Coastal Zone Canada 2006 Youth Forum - MAY 15 REGISTRATION DEADLINE

Andrea Hoyt fjmc-rp at jointsec.nt.ca
Fri May 5 13:53:44 PDT 2006

Good day everyone,
We're coming up on the registration deadline for Coastal Zone Canada
2006 Youth Forum, which will be held in Tuktoyaktuk, NWT, Canada - on
the coast of the spectacular Beaufort Sea!
The theme of the Youth Forum is Change and Sustainability in Arctic
Coastal Communities and we're inviting all youth (age 15-29) to come and
share their knowledge and enthusiasm on topics relating to change and
sustainability. For more information, check out our website at
http://www.czc06.ca/e/youth.html. On the website, you will find the
registration form, some info on the schedule, and a bit of background
information on Tuktoyaktuk and the Coastal Zone Canada Association and
biennial conference series.
Please pass on this note to any youth you think might be interested in
participating. Registrations are due by May 15, 2006. If you have any
questions, don't hesitate to contact me at Youth.Forum at czc06.ca.
Thanks in advance,
Andrea

Calling all Youth!
Re: Invitation to Attend Coastal Zone Canada 2006 Youth Forum in
Tuktoyaktuk, NWT
We would like to invite you to participate in the Coastal Zone Canada
Youth Forum in Tuktoyaktuk, in Canada's Western Arctic, August 11-14,
2006. If you're between the ages of 15 and 29, and interested in the
environment and change, Tuktoyaktuk NWT is where you'll want to be this
summer!
The Youth Forum in Tuktoyaktuk will be an exciting opportunity to
exchange ideas and learn about new and emerging ways to manage and adapt
to coastal change. The theme of this year's conference is "change and
sustainability in Arctic coastal communities" and Participants will be
considering how livelihoods depend on the coast, from research, to
hunting and fishing, to shipping and travel routes. We will look at how
coastal residents can better adjust to changing times and conditions.
We are confident that the Coastal Zone Canada 2006 Youth Forum will
provide many opportunities to learn and share with other youth from the
Arctic and the rest of the world.
Enclosed is some information about the Youth Forum, which may answer
some questions you may have about the Forum. If you would like more
information, don't hesitate to contact me at Youth.Forum at czc06.ca, or by
replying to this letter at the address above.
See you in Tuktoyaktuk!
Yours truly,
Andrea J. Hoyt
Co-chair, Coastal Zone Canada 2006 Youth Forum
c/o Fisheries Joint Management Committee
Box 2120
Inuvik, Northwest Territories
X0E 0T0

Tel: (867) 777-2828, ext. 235