[MARMAM] References needed for India manuscript

William Rossiter rossitercsi at optonline.net
Tue Jun 27 07:11:34 PDT 2006

Posted on behalf of Anoop.A.Krishnan, India, by Bill Rossiter, Cetacean
Society International:

Sir,
 I am Anoop.A and I am working on marine mammals of India.   I went for a southern ocean
expedition and has collected some datas on sightings of whale and presently making a manuscript of the same.  I am having problem getting some important reference which i feel will make my paper good.  I am sending the list of references as attachment. If you can help me out or lead me to a people who have these reference it was of of good help.

Anoop.A.Krishnan
  Senior Research Scholar
  MRC of CMFRI,
  P. B No. 244, Bolar,
  Mangalore-575001,
  India
  Phone: 09448152501
  Fax: +918242424061
  email: anoopenv at rediffmail.com

Borsa, P. 1997. Seasonal trends in the occurrence of marine mammals in
the Golfe du Morbihan, Kerguelen Islands. /Mar. Mam. Sc/i, 13 (2):314-316

Cockcroft, V.G. and Young, D.D. 1998. An investigation of the status of
coastal marine resources along the west coast of Madagascar. /Mission//
Repor/t. 58 pp.

Corbett, H.D. 1994. The occurrence of cetaceans of Mauritius and in
adjacent waters. /Rep. Int. Whal.Commn. /44:393-97

De Boer, M.N. 2000. Observations on Occurrence and Distribution of
Cetaceans in the Southern Ocean Sanctuary and Southern part of the
Indian Ocean Sanctuary. Paper SC/52/O9 presented to the IWC Scientific
Committee.

De Boer, M.N. 2001. A note on cetacean observations in the Indian Ocean
Sanctuary and the South China Sea, Mauritius to the Philippines, April
199/9. J. Cetacean. Res. Manag/e. 2(3):197-200

De Boer, M.N., Frizell, J., Sonntag, R. 1999. Cetacean observations in
the Southern Ocean and Indian Ocean Sanctuaries. Paper SC/51/O12
presented to the IWC Scientific Committee, 16 pp.

Kasamatsu, F., Joyce, G.G., Ensor, P., Mermoz, J. 1990. Current
occurrence of cetacea in the southern hemisphere; results from the
IWC/IDCR Southern Hemisphere minke whale assessment cruises,
1978/79-1987/88. Paper SC/42/0 15 presented to the IWC Scientific
Committee, June 1990

Kasuyo, T. and Wada, S. 1991. Distribution of large cetaceans in the
Indian Ocean: data from Japanese sighting records, November-March. In:
S. Leatherwood and G. P. Donovan, eds. /Cetaceans andcetacean research
in the //Indian Ocean// sanctuar/y. Marine Mammal Technical Report No.
3. UNEP, Nairobi, Kenya. pp 139-170

Leatherwood, S. and Donovan, G.P. 1991. Cetaceans and cetacean research
in the Indian Ocean Sanctuary. /In: /S. Leatherwood and G. P. Donovan
(eds). /Cetaceans and cetacean research in the Indian Oceansanctuar/y.
Marine  Mammal Technical Report No. 3. UNEP, Nairobi, Kenya.

Leatherwood, S., Todd, S., Thomas, J.A. 1982. Incidental records of
cetaceans in southern seas, January and February 1981. /Rep. Int. Whal.
Commn /. 32. 515-520

Parker, D.A.A. 1978. Observations of whales on ANARE voyages between
Australia and Antarctica. /Aust. Wildl. Res. /5, pp 25-39

Peddemors, V.M., Best, P.B., Cockcroft, V.G., Oosthuizen, W.H. 2002. The
status of South African cetaceans. Paper SC/54/O22 presented to the IWC
Scientific Committee.

Robineau, D.1998. The cetaceans of the Arabo-Persian Gulf: a review.
Paper SC/50/SM1 presented to the IWC Scientific Committee, April 1998.
15 pp.

Robineau, D. 1991. Balaenopterid sightings in the western tropical
Indian Ocean (Seychelles Area), 1982-1986. /In: /S. Leatherwood and G.
P. Donovan (eds). /Cetaceans and cetacean research in the IndianOcean
sanctuar/y. Marine Mammal Technical Report No. 3. UNEP, Nairobi, Kenya.
pp 171-179.

Stensland, E, Berggren, P., Johnstone, R. 1998. Marine mammals in
Tanzanian waters: urgent need for status assessment. /Ambio /Vol. 27 (8)
pp 771-774.

Thiele, D., Chester, E.T., Gill, P.C. 2000. Cetacean distribution off
Eastern Antarctica (80°E-150°E) during the Austral Summer of 1995/96.
/Deep-Sea Res. I/I, 47:2543-2572

Tynan, C.T. 1997. Cetacean distribution and oceanographic features near
the Kerguelen Plateau. /Geophysical Research Letters /24(22):2793-2796.