[MARMAM] effect of wave energy farm on cetaceans

Opération Cétacés op.cetaces at offratel.nc
Thu Jun 1 16:44:16 PDT 2006

Dear Marmanners,
I am looking on any kind of information that could be available on
potential effects of wave energy farms on cetaceans.
especially the Pelamis wave energy converter.
I was in touch with the society (Ocean Power Delivery Ltd) that developped
such a system. They let me know that they conducted environmental studies
for each project but only one is actually in exploitation in Portugal.
That's why I will be very interested to be in touch with anyone taht
conducted study on effects of wave energy farms on cetaceans
Information of any kind would be appreciate.
Thanks
Claire Garrigue
Dr Claire Garrigue
Responsable scientifique