[MARMAM] Grants for the Rescue and Rehabilitation of Marine Animals

michael.belanger at utoronto.ca michael.belanger at utoronto.ca
Mon Jul 17 06:49:35 PDT 2006

The Oceanographic Environmental Research Society (OERS) is pleased to announce
a granting system to financially assist various groups who are rescuing and
rehabilitating marine mammals from environmental or man-made disasters
(oilspills/strandings/fishing gear/etc.). These grants are meant to offset the
direct costs of treating and rehabilitating marine species mostly within North
America. Due to Canadian laws dealing with charities certain stipulations must
be followed (ie a representative from OERS must be on site, the applying group
must be a Canadian Marine Animal Rescue Network member, etc). Please note
there are NO application deadlines as these incidents are unpredictable and
therefore these grants are meant to be flexible and responsive.

For further information and application forms, please go to our website:
oers.ca  and click on the Canadian Marine Animal Rescue Network button (top
right hand corner) and go to emergency grants or send an email to
getus at oers.ca with rescue grants in the subject header.

We hope that this granting system will promote greater co-operation between
groups with the same interests and lower the number of tragic outcomes from
these tragic circumstances.

Mike Belanger
President/Director
Oceanographic Environmental Research Society