[MARMAM] Marine Collection Newsletter: Open Access & Feature Extraction

Shelagh A. Smith sas223 at cornell.edu
Tue Jan 17 07:08:36 PST 2006

Hello all,

The third issue of the marine collection newsletter is now available
for download at: http://mlsource.ornith.cornell.edu/marine/
newsletters/MCNIssue3.pdf.

In this issue the topics covered include:
  - open access to the marine collection;
  - request for input on feature extraction from the sound
collection; and
  - stand-alone version of the visualization tool, with video support.

It was wonderful to have an opportunity to meet many of you this past
December in San Diego at the SMM biennial, and I hope to meet more of
the community at Ocean Sciences in February and ECS in April. Please
do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions regarding the
collection.

Best,
Shelagh

Shelagh A. Smith
Assistant Curator, Marine Collection
Macaulay Library of Natural Sounds
www.animalbehaviorarchive.org

Cornell Lab of Ornithology
159 Sapsucker Woods Road
Ithaca, New York 14850
Phone: 607.254.2492
Fax: 607.254.2439

The Mission of the Cornell Lab of Ornithology: "To interpret and
conserve the Earth's biological diversity through research,
education, and citizen science focused on birds."