[MARMAM] Defenders of Wildlife Marine and Terrestrial Carnivore Conference 2006-Abstract Deadline-June 1st

Jim Curland curland at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 4 08:24:39 PST 2006

Carnivores 2006: Conference Announcement & Call for Papers

Defenders of Wildlife is pleased to announce Carnivores 2006: Habitats,
Challenges, and Possibilities. The conference, the sixth biennial, which
has averaged between 700 and 800 attendees over the last two
conferences, will be held at the Hilton Hotel in St. Petersburg,
Florida, November 12-15, 2006, and will feature three full days of
sessions on terrestrial and marine carnivore issues, plus a poster
session, field trip, silent auction, banquet and ambassador wolf
sessions. Defenders is accepting oral and poster presentation
submissions for Carnivores 2006. Abstract submissions must be received
by 1 June 2006. We will consider any papers covering topics such as
biology, behavior, taxonomy, general ecology, recovery, management, and
economic impacts of terrestrial, avian and marine carnivore species
(canids, bears, cats, mesocarnivores, raptors, pinnipeds, whales,
dolphins, sea otters, sharks, etc), and also papers addressing carnivore
habitat issues, with some of the focus in the southeastern U.S.
(including but not limited to habitat conservation, planning and
linkages, invasive species, land use and development challenges, etc).
Please visit our official conference website,
www.carnivoreconference.org or leave a message at 202-789-2844 x315 for
complete Carnivores 2006 details.

To get an idea of the nature of talks, please let me know if you'd like
me to email you a pdf of a past conference agenda.

If submitting an abstract, please follow the online instructions, and,
in addition, please cc me with your abstract.

thanks,

Jim Curland

Jim Curland, Marine Program Associate
Defenders of Wildlife
P.O. Box 959
Moss Landing, CA. 95039
831-726-9010-phone
831-726-9020-fax
jcurland at defenders.org

Defenders of Wildlife, founded in 1947, is dedicated to the protection of all native wild animals and plants in their natural communities. We focus our programs on what scientists consider two of the most serious environmental threats to the planet: the accelerating rate of extinction of species and the associated loss of biological diversity, and habitat alteration and destruction. Long known for our leadership on endangered species issues, Defenders of Wildlife also advocates new approaches to wildlife conservation that will help keep species from becoming endangered. Our programs encourage protection of entire ecosystems and interconnected habitats while protecting predators that serve as indicator species for ecosystem health.

http://www.defenders.org
http://www.kidsplanet.org

http://www.defenders.org/wildlife/new/seaotters.html
(Above link is Defenders Main Sea Otter Page)
http://www.kidsplanet.org/espanol/espint.html
(Above link is Defenders Sea Otter Unit)
http://www.defenders.org/wildlife/new/marine.html
(Above link is Defenders Marine Page)
http://www.defenders.org/california/marine.html
(Above link is Defenders California Programs-Marine Protection)