[MARMAM] Positions available for Marine Fisheries Biologists

Steve Silva steve.silva at tx.rr.com
Thu Dec 14 08:24:36 PST 2006

I am a Search Consultant representing an Environmental Services Company. We currently have openings for experienced Marine Fisheries Biologists to join our Marine Sciences group. Positions are available in both Dallas, TX and Hampton, VA.

An interdisciplinary background integrating living marine resources and the physical marine environment is essential with specific expertise relating to essential fish habitat or fish bioacoustics and noise impacts. M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Fisheries Biology, Fisheries Management, Marine Biology, Oceanography, Marine Ecology, or other related disciplines of Marine Sciences. Three to five years experience working for a regulatory agency, consulting firm, or military environmental group is desired. Salary and position are commensurate with experience and education level.

The successful candidate must possess strong technical writing and editing, organizational, and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently, while functioning in an environment of changing priorities and time constraints. Candidates possessing experience in SAS, ESRI GIS, and/or EndNoteT software, marine/aquatic field collections or monitoring, and familiarity with marine regulations/legislation will have the advantage.

To apply, interested candidates should submit a resume/C.V. and a scientific writing sample (sole author preferable but first author designation is also acceptable) to Steve Silva, Search consultant, at steve.silva at tx.rr.com . We are presently accepting applications only from US Citizens and permanent residents