[MARMAM] Marine Mammal Research Projects: Request for Honours Students

Carol Scarpaci Carol.Scarpaci at vu.edu.au
Mon Dec 11 16:46:05 PST 2006

Dear Marmam

Below I have provided a list of research projects offered at Victoria University in Marine Mammal Science.  I would greatly appreciate if this information could be posted on the Marmam postings/website.  Thanks for your time and effort
Cheers Carol

The following Honours Projects are being offered at Victoria University of Technology, Victoria Australia.
The primary supervisor for these researcher projects is Dr Carol Scarpaci.
Could all interested candidates please advise of project preferences to the primary supervisor and further information will be emailed across.  Candidates must have completed a Degree in Science prior to the commencement of these projects. Please send emails to carol.scarpaci at vu.edu.au

Project One
POLICY DEVELOPMENT FOR MARINE MAMMAL TOURIST OPERATORS IN AUSTRALIA
START TIME: MARCH 2007

Project Two
COMPLIANCE of MARINE MAMMAL TOUR-OPERATORS in the Southern Hemisphere
START TIME: MARCH 2007 or MID 2007

Project Three
BEHAVIOUR OF AUSTRALIAN FUR SEALS (Arctocephalus pusillus doriferus) IN THE ABSENCE/PRESENCE OF BOAT VESSELS IN PORT PHILLIP BAY, VICTORIA.

START TIME: MID 2007

Project Four:
Response of Australian Fur (Arctocephalus pusillus doriferus) seals to underwater noise.

START TIME: MID 2007

Project Five:
Vocalization rates of penguins during human intervention
START TIME: START 2007