[MARMAM] Cetaceans of the Adriatic Sea

Giovanni Bearzi bearzi at tiscalinet.it
Sat Dec 2 22:56:46 PST 2006

With reference to a message recently posted to marmam (see below), I suggest
that those interested in publications on Adriatic cetaceans also consult the
literature cited in the publication below, including a review of historical
information. Please note that some of the most recent articles are missing
as the manuscript was submitted in 2003.

Bearzi G., Holcer D., Notarbartolo di Sciara G. 2004. The role of historical
dolphin takes and habitat degradation in shaping the present status of
northern Adriatic cetaceans. Aquatic Conservation: Marine and Freshwater
Ecosystems 14:363-379.

http://www.tethys.org/download/papers_pdf/Bearzi_etal_2004.pdf (212 Kb)

More information may be found in a review of contributions by Italian
scientists (1638-2003):

Bearzi G., Notarbartolo di Sciara G., Bonizzoni S. 2005. Scientific
literature on Mediterranean cetaceans: the Italian contribution. In B.
Cozzi, ed. Marine mammals of the Mediterranean Sea: natural history,
biology, anatomy, pathology, parasitology. Massimo Valdina Editore, The
Coffee House Art & Adv, Milano.

http://www.tethys.org/download/papers_pdf/Bearzi_etal_2005_ItLit.pdf (832
Kb)

Best regards,