[MARMAM] donating a hydrophone for exhibition

Y. Reneé Mensing-Solick rmensingsolick at smm.org
Mon Aug 28 12:53:53 PDT 2006

Hello,

I am writing to see if anyone has a retired/unusable hydrophone that
they are will to part with for an exhibit component about underwater
sounds.  This component is part of an exhibition called Wild Music.
This is a national traveling exhibition that investigates the many
parallels between human music and musical sounds of the animal
world.  Specifically, we would like to utilize this hydrophone as a
display for museum visitors to look at while listening to audio
recordings of a variety of organisms (e.g., snapping shrimp, spiny
lobster, earthquake, etc.).  Please do let me know if you have one
available.  Thank you very much.

Cheers,
Reneé

Y. Reneé Mensing-Solick, M.F.A.