[MARMAM] FW: Call for speakers: 9th International Wildlife Law Conference

Wil Burns williamcgburns at comcast.net
Tue Apr 25 10:44:13 PDT 2006

Subject: Call for speakers: 9th International Wildlife Law Conference

The 9th International Wildlife Law Conference, whose principal sponsor is
the American Branch of the International Law Association, will take place on
January 26-27, 2007 at the Stetson University College of Law in Gulfport,
Florida (Tampa Bay area). The conference brings together an array of
representatives from the governmental, NGO and academic sectors, as well as
many students. The upcoming conference will include panels on the following
topics

*       Antarctic wildlife treaty regimes;

*       The Ramsar Convention

*       The Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species

*       Climate Change's Impact on Species and International Institutional

The Journal of International Wildlife Law & Policy (www.jiwlp.com
<http://www.jiwlp.com/> ) will also publish a special symposium issue on
papers growing out of the conference in late 2007.

We are currently seeking panelists for each of these topics. If you are
interested in making a presentation, please submit a brief abstract to me by
May 15. Also, please send me a message if you wish to be placed on the
mailing list for registration materials and the program when it becomes
available. I hope you can join us in January. Cheers, wil

Dr. Wil Burns, Chair

International Wildlife Law Committee

International Law Association - American Branch
1702 Arlington Blvd.
El Cerrito, CA 94530 USA
Ph:  650.281.9126
Fax: 214.580.9415