[MARMAM] seal water quality

richard saunders rich at rasaunders.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Apr 4 11:57:21 PDT 2006

Following installation of new pumping equipment, we are currently
reevaluating our water quality testing protocols, and wondered what is new
and exciting in this field. We rehabilitate up to 150 seals per year, and
have the option of both fresh and salt water pools for them, of varying
sizes.

What parameters are people measuring to assess water quality?

What test kits do people use?

If anyone deals with similar systems in zoos, rehab facilities or aquaria,
ie fairly large numbers of (very messy eating) seals/sealions and wouldn't
mind if I picked their brains, please would they contact me off list?

Richard Saunders
RSPCA East Winch Wildlife Centre