[MARMAM] "Los Farallones" Farallon Islands blog from PRBO

Russ Bradley rbradley at prbo.org
Tue Apr 4 14:08:41 PDT 2006

I thought folks might be interested in our new web log for the Farallones:
www.losfarallones.blogspot.com/

This focuses on PRBO's long term research on the Farallon Islands, 27 miles
west off San Francisco - a component of which involves demographic studies
of northern elephant seals, with work on other pinnipeds as well. This is an
attempt to get more Farallon info out in the public forum and hopefully help
with fundraising. There is updated info about research and "island living",
pictures, and video from the field. There are great video clips of elephant
seal bull fights and a pup being born from this past winter. Most of the
current content is from the winter, focusing on elephant seals, but we will
continue to update directly from the island through the seabird season -
about once every 2 weeks. (Likely no more than that due to schedule
constraints)

Russ Bradley

Russell Bradley, M.Sc.

Farallon Program Manager