[MARMAM] Aquatics Symposium at Tufts Veterinary School

Emily F Christiansen Emily.Christiansen at tufts.edu
Tue Apr 4 21:35:35 PDT 2006

Greetings MARMAMers!

For those of you in the New England area, we'd like to extend an
invitation to our annual symposium at Tufts Cummings School of
Veterinary Medicine in Grafton, Massachusetts.  Our theme this year is
Marine and Aquatic Medicine and Conservation, and we have some terrific
speakers coming in for it.  This is a one-day symposium held on
Saturday, April 22, from 8am until around 5pm, followed by a short
reception.  The student fee for attendance is $5, and non-students is
$10.  Continental breakfast, lunch, and the reception is included - we
only ask that you pre-register by emailing waze.symposium at yahoo.com so
we can make sure we have enough for everyone.  See speakers and
additional information below.  Please contact the email address above
or myself directly with any questions.  Directions to campus can be
found at the website http://vet.tufts.edu

Hope to see you there!

Emily ChristiansenDVM/MPH Class of 2008
Vice President, WAZE (Wildlife, Aquatics, Zoo, Exotics Club)
emily.christiansen at tufts.edu

CUMMINGS SCHOOL OF VETERINARY MEDICINE AT TUFTS UNIVERSITY
WAZE and Veterinarians for Global Solutions

Keynote address:
Martin Haulena, DVM, MS
Vancouver Aquarium
Vancouver, BC, Canada

Steven Roberts, PhD
Marine Biological Laboratory
Woods Hole, MA

Erica Miller, DVM
TriState Bird Rescue & Research
Newark, DE

Helen Roberts, DVM
Aquatic Veterinary Services of WNY
Orchard Park, NY

Michael Moore, MA,VetMB, MRCVS, PhD
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
Woods Hole, MA

Roxanna Smolowitz, DVM, PhD
Marine Biological Laboratory
Woods Hole,MA

Scott Weber, MSc,VMD
New England Aquarium
Boston, MA

REGISTRATION FEE: $5 FOR TUFTS STUDENTS, FACULTY AND STAFF / $10
GENERAL PUBLIC

Continuing education credits for veterinarians available for additional fee
Please contact waze.symposium at yahoo.com with questions.

To pre-register, please email name, address, institution and phone number to:
waze.symposium at yahoo.com

WITH SPECIAL THANKS TO THE DR. SCHOLL FOUNDATION FOR THEIR GENEROUS
FINANCIAL SUPPORT.