[MARMAM] image matching data base for Apple

Christian Ramp christianramp at web.de
Fri Sep 30 06:46:03 PDT 2005

Hi all,

We would like to inquire about data bases for Macintosh computers
handling digital pictures. We are working on four different species of
rorqual whales and would like to transfer the matching and storing
process into that database. (Matching is still done by us, not an
automatic software system).
Basically photo ID pictures should be imported in the data base, going
through the matching process for all species and then be stored in an
individual specific file.
We are aware of the some IBM (e.g. ACCESS) solutions, but would like to
know what the people running Apple systems are using.

Therefore we would appreciate any ideas and suggestions.

Many thanks in advance

Christian Ramp
Mingan Island Cetacean Study
378 Bord de la mer