[MARMAM] Looking for a MARMAM co-editor

MARMAM Editors marmamed at uvic.ca
Thu Sep 29 08:23:22 PDT 2005

Over the years MARMAM has been run by a number of vounteer editors. At
this point we are looking for one or two volunteers to participate in
this process. We would like people to commit to assisting with the list
for at least two years. There is an initial period of a couple of weeks
where *extra* time (1-2 hours) is required to get up to speed on the
process we use, our editorial policies etc, but once that is over the
average daily time commitment is perhaps 15 minutes, and this can be
spread in several shorter blocks throughout the day. We are looking for
individuals who have been professionals in the field of marine mammal
science for at least five years, have consistent access to the internet,
and are willing to adhere to the long-standing editorial policies of the
list. A little known benefit of the position is that the MARMAM editors'
account receives multiple spam messages every day announcing lotteries and
foreign money-making schemes that you can sign up for.

Anyone interested please contact us at this address - marmamed at uvic.ca

-To submit a message to MARMAM, send it to: marmam at lists.uvic.ca
-Please include your name and e-mail address in the body of the
text of all submissions, and ensure your message has an appropriate
subject heading (ie., not "Message for MARMAM")
-Do not submit attached files or HTML/MIME messages.
-To subscribe to MARMAM, go to lists.uvic.ca/mailman/listinfo/marmam
-To contact the MARMAM editors, write to: marmamed at uvic.ca
-MARMAM Editorial Policy & FAQ: http://whitelab.biology.dal.ca/marmam.htm