[MARMAM] Programmatic EIS scoping meetings planned
Shor, Alexander N.
ashor at nsf.gov
Fri Sep 23 10:12:04 PDT 2005
The National Science Foundation (NSF) has announced its intention to
prepare a Programmatic EIS/Overseas EIS to address potential
impacts on the marine environment related to the use of seismic sources
in support of NSF-funded research by U.S. academic scientists. The
National Marine Fisheries Service will be invited to be a cooperating agency
preparation of the Programmatic EIS/OEIS.
To begin the process, NSF is holding a series of public scoping
meetings. Public scoping meetings will be held at the following dates,
times, and locations:
1. Wednesday, October 5, 2005, 1-5 P.M., Silver Spring Metro Center
Building 4, Science Center, 1301 East-West Highway, Silver Spring, MD;
2. Thursday, October 6, 2005, 5-9 p.m., J. Erik Jonsson Center of the
National Academy of Sciences, Carriage House, 314 Quissett Avenue, Woods
3. Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 5-9 p.m., Room C126, 1000 Discovery
Drive, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX;
4. Friday, October 14, 2005, 5-9 p.m., Egan Civic and Convention Center,
Space 1, 13-14, 555 West Fifth Ave. Anchorage, AK;
5. Monday, October 17, 2005, 5-9 p.m., Scripps Institution of
Oceanography, 100 Vaughn Hall, Discovery Way, La Jolla, CA; and
6. Wednesday, October 19, 2005, 5-9 p.m., Ala Moana Hotel, 410 Atkinson
Drive, Honolulu, HI.
Written comments will be accepted at these meetings as well as during
the scoping period, and can be sent to NSF by October 28, 2005.
Information on addressing comments and details on NSF's proposal is
available in the
September 22, 2005 Federal Register.
Oceanographic Instrumentation and Technical Services
Division of Ocean Sciences, NSF
4201 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 725
Arlington, VA 22230
Phone: (703) 292-7711 (Direct Line)
Phone: (703) 292-8583 (Program Assistant)
Fax: (703) 292-9085; Email: ashor at nsf.gov
More information about the MARMAM