[Marmam] Third International Symposium on Marine Conservation Biology at Society for Conservation Biology Meeting in San Jose (24-28 June 2006)

Ellen Hines ehines at sfsu.edu
Tue Sep 13 21:56:32 PDT 2005

apologies for cross-postings

The Marine Section of the Society for Conservation Biology is pleased to announce the Third International Symposium on Marine Conservation Biology, to be integrated into the 20th Annual Meeting of SCB in San Jose, California, USA.  The Meeting is scheduled for 24-28 June 2006.  The theme of the 2006 meeting is "Conservation Without Borders".  We strongly encourage all scientists, practitioners, and students working in marine conservation to make plans for attending and participating in this important event.  Details for the 2006 Annual Meeting are in on the following website: http://www.conservationbiology.org/2006

The deadline for proposing symposia, workshops, and organized discussions is October 15, 2005.  Please see the following website for details: http://www.conservationbiology.org/2006/Symposiumcall.cfm

Contributed papers on marine topics are also encouraged, and will be accepted between October 15th and January 10th.

We hope to see you in San Jose in June 2006!

Ellen Hines, Ph.D
Assistant Professor
Department of Geography and Human Environmental Studies
San Francisco State University
1600 Holloway Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94132 USA
(415) 405-0921