[MARMAM] Internship Information

Kuczaj Laboratory kuczaj_laboratory at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 25 14:24:21 PDT 2005

The University of Southern Mississippi’s Marine Mammal Behavior and Cognition Laboratory is still accepting internship applications.  The deadline is December 1st.

Boat surveys are conducted in the Mississippi Sound on the bottlenose dolphin population.  Observations of wild dolphin behaviors and photo-identification of individual dolphins are the primary goals of the study.  Our research also includes acoustical analysis of hydrophone recordings of whistles in the laboratory.  We are especially interested in changes in behavior following Hurricane Katrina.

As an intern you will be assisting in the collection of wild dolphin observations and analyzing the data in the lab.

For more information and an application packet, please visit our website:

http://www.usm.edu/psy-kuczaj/internship.htm