[MARMAM] Staff Research Associate at Scripps Institution of Oceanography
jhildebrand at ucsd.edu
Mon Oct 24 17:00:17 PDT 2005
37605STAFF RESEARCH ASSOC II (100% Career)
Marine Physical Laboratory, Hiring Salary Range: $34,512 - $44,664/year
Reopened to: 11/07/2005
UCSD Layoff from Career appointment or Special Selection: Apply by
10/13/05 to be considered with preference for rehire.
- Eligible Employee Rehabilitation Program clients should call (858)
534-6744 to discuss Special Selection.
- Layoff applicants leave a message at (858) 534-6333 or call your assigned
Sr. Employment Advisor
This position is union represented by RX for more information go to
Work Location: Scripps Institution of Oceanography (SIO).
Able to spend 30 continuous days at sea, up to 90 days/year.
Deadline extended until 11/7/05.
Full Salary Range: $34,512 - $55,536. Payroll Title: Staff Research
As part of a research group studying marine mammals, analyze acoustic data,
assist in equipment preparation and collect field data. Analyze acoustic
data to detect marine mammal and other significant events using computer
software tools. Coordinate assembly, order parts and conduct laboratory and
field testing and evaluate equipment and instrument performance using
mechanical, electronic and software tools. Make preparations for and
execute seagoing and laboratory operations: prepare, deploy and recover
scientific instrumentation in field and laboratory environments and assist
in the logistics of scientific research including purchase of equipment and
supplies and shipping/receiving of equipment. Provide direction for
undergraduate student employees.
* Bachelors Degree in Science or Engineering or equivalent combination of
education and experience. Working knowledge of mathematics, scientific, and
* Knowledge of Acoustics. Ability to handle oceanographic and acoustic
equipment in an at-sea environment.
* Analysis and diagnostic skills in approaching data acquired including
abiliity to acquire understanding of the instrumentation and oceanographic
processes to interpret the data.
* Demonstrated capability to utilize computers and various software
programs including MS Excel and MS Word. Ability to use Matlab and
Solidworks software programs preferred.
* Ability to use handtools, electronic tools, soldering equipment and to
drive a forklift.
* Detail oriented.
* Prefer knowledge of UC Shipping.
For details of this posting please go to the following link:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM