[MARMAM] Request for photos to accompany book chapter on cetacean coutship and mating

Cathy Schaeff schaeff at american.edu
Tue Oct 18 12:32:31 PDT 2005

Hi folks,

I recently finished writing a chapter on cetacean mating and courtship for "Reproductive Biology and Phylogeny of Cetacea.", part of an series
edited by Barrie Jamieson.  I am now trying to find some photos to illustrate the material in the chapter. Some of the topics covered are: male mating strategies; intrasexual competition; contest, mate choice, scramble and sperm competition; weapons, scarring; male alliances and consorts; sexual dimorphism; multi-male mating groups; and hybridization.

I was wondering if folks had any photos of that you would be willing to let me use to help illustrate the material? If you have any photos that you are willing to contribute, please contact me [Cathy Schaeff (202) 885-2194; schaeff at american.edu].

thanks very much,

Cathy

Dr. Cathy Schaeff
Associate Professor and Chair
Department of Biology, American University
4400 Mass. Ave. NW, Washington DC
20016-8007
(phone): (202) 885-2194; (fax): (202) 885-2182
schaeff at american.edu