[MARMAM] Comparative Cognition Workshop

Chris Johnson johnson at cogsci.ucsd.edu
Sun Oct 9 15:13:56 PDT 2005

Dear MARMAM Readers:

There is still room for those interested in the following workshop! Sign Up
NOW!!!

Re: Workshop on "Comparative Cognition: Insights and Innovations"
        in conjunction with 16th Biennial Conf. on the Biology of Marine
Mammals
        See Conference Website: http://www.marinemammology.org/conference2005/

When: Sunday, December 11, 8:00-6:00 (day before conference)

Where: Manchester Grand Hyatt, San Diego (same venue as conference)

Why: Interesting speakers! Provocative discussion! Latest research on
cognition in
                 Primates and Cetaceans!

Who:   Organizers: Dr. Christine M. Johnson & Dr. Denise L. Herzing
            Speakers: See Workshop Website for details:
                                 http://home.earthlink.net/~wdpdenise/
            Discussants: YOU!

How: $30.00 Registration fee (separate from conference registration)
             Make checks payable to Christine Johnson.
             Mail them to:  Christine Johnson
                                     Department of Cognitive Science
                                     University of California, San Diego
                                     La Jolla, CA  92093-0515

We welcome all comers! Since our focus will be on innovative work being
done on, especially, social cognition, in Primates and Cetaceans, there is
much to discuss in terms of understanding theoretical implications,
translating methods to maximize ecological validity, and helping design the
future of comparative cognition research. We have scheduled considerable
time for discussion and hope that all will find it an exciting,
thought-provoking day!

Any questions, please visit above websites or email Chris Johnson at:
johnson at cogsci.ucsd.edu

Hope to see you there!
Chris & Denise

Christine M. Johnson, Ph.D.