[MARMAM] new report on ocean noise

Michael Jasny mjasny at telus.net
Mon Nov 21 16:13:39 PST 2005

Dear All,

In 1999, NRDC (the Natural Resources Defense Council) published a
report on ocean noise pollution entitled "Sounding the Depths."  Today,
we're releasing a second and significantly updated edition of that
report.  As with the first edition, our intention is to give an
accessible overview of the issue, survey the leading producers of ocean
noise, and make recommendations for reducing its impacts on marine
mammals and other species.

The report is available for download from NRDC's website
(www.nrdc.org/wildlife/marine/sound/contents.asp).

Cheers,
Michael

Michael Jasny