[MARMAM] marine wildlife scientist

Stiles, Margot MStiles at oceana.org
Mon Nov 14 08:44:28 PST 2005

Dear colleagues,

We have an opening in our Science department at Oceana for a marine
ecologist interested in conservation work at an international
organization.  Please pass along and excuse cross-postings.  Interviews
starting soon.

Sincerely,

Margot Stiles

Margot Stiles | Marine Scientist

OCEANA | Protecting the World's Oceans
2501 M Street NW, Suite 300 | Washington, DC 20037 USA
T +1.202.833.3900 | F +1.202.833.2070
E mstiles at oceana.org <mailto:mstiles at oceana.org>  | W www.oceana.org
<http://www.oceana.org/>

Oceana campaigns to protect and restore the world's oceans. Our teams of
marine scientists, economists, lawyers and advocates win specific and
concrete policy changes to reduce pollution and to prevent the
irreversible collapse of fish populations, marine mammals and other sea
life. Global in scope and dedicated to conservation, Oceana has
campaigners based in North America (Washington, DC; Juneau, AK; Santa
Monica, CA; San Francisco, CA; Portland, Oregon; the Mid-Atlantic and
New England), Europe (Madrid, Spain; Brussels, Belgium) and South
America (Santiago, Chile). More than 200,000 members and e-activists in
over 150 countries have already joined Oceana. For more information,
please visit www.Oceana.org <http://www.oceana.org/> .

MARINE WILDLIFE SCIENTIST

We are currently seeking a Marine Wildlife Scientist to serve as a key
member of the Science Division, to provide substantive scientific
support to the Division and play a substantive role on Oceana campaign
and project teams.  Will play a key role in, and may have primary
responsibility for, researching Oceana's major campaign topics,
developing policy initiatives, and preparing Oceana scientific reports.
The position requires extensive outside contact, particularly with
research scientists and representatives of other organizations.

QUALIFICATIONS

Master's degree in a relevant scientific discipline such as marine
biology, oceanography, or conservation biology required.  Excellent
writing, editing, communication, organizational and research skills
essential.  Familiarity with marine wildlife issues required;
familiarity with marine ecology or fisheries bycatch issues desired.
Proficiency with Windows-based applications (MS Office Suite preferred).
GIS proficiency preferred.  Fluency in Spanish a plus.

Qualified applicants please submit cover letter, resume and salary
requirements to Oceana, Inc., via e-mail (resumes at oceana.org) SUBJECT
LINE: MARINE WILDLIFE SCIENTIST; fax (202-833-2070) or mail 2501 M
Street, NW - Suite 300, Washington, DC 20037.  We offer competitive
salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. EOE