[ilds] H. R. "Stoney" Stoneback

James Gifford james.d.gifford at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 15:45:30 PST 2021

Dear all,

Pamela Francis has reported that H. R. "Stoney" Stoneback passed away on
December 22. I've been strumming away at Jerry Jeff Walker's "Stoney"
with my sons since I heard and wanted to share this sad news with everyone.

I remember Stoney from late nights of singing and carrying on during the
Durrell conferences in Corfu, Paris, and New Orleans, but he was larger
than life in many circles. The Hemingway Society has a tribute posted on
their website, and in lieu of flowers his obituatry suggests donations
to the Hemingway Society:

https://hemingwaysociety.org/memory-h-r-stoney-stoneback

https://www.torsonememorial.com/obituary/dr-hr-stoneback

Kind thoughts to all of you.