[ilds] AN OPEN LETTER TO FABER & FABER

William Apt billyapt at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 22:23:18 PDT 2021

Kennedy:

I have only read the excised chapter. None of the other edits. While that chapter is interesting, I think Ms. Ridler was right to remove it. To me, it just does not quite fit. I would not want to see with Marine Venus what happened with Hemingway’s A Moveable Feast. In that instance a “restored” edition was brought out a few years ago by Scribner. It is awful, showing only what a mess the original was before it was so skillfully edited into the 1964 edition we know today.

WILLIAM APT
Attorney at Law
108 Wild Basin Rd, Ste 100
Austin TX 78746