[ilds] Alexandria Quartet

Charles Sligh cls9k at virginia.edu
Sun Dec 10 17:07:17 PST 2017

Dear Ian:

I believe that you are in search of the following quotation:

‘First the young, like vines, climb up the dull supports of their elders
who feel their fingers on them, soft and tender; then the old climb down
the lovely supporting bodies of the young into their proper deaths.’

*Balthazar*, I.i

May peace be with you and yours --

Charles

charles.sligh at virginia.edu