[ilds] LD collection available

Kennedy Gammage gammage.kennedy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 19:07:35 PDT 2017

Thanks so much for reaching out to the ILDS community Lea. Also quite happy
to see the listserv is still operational.

Best - Ken

On Sep 20, 2017 6:59 PM, <leadale at mymts.net> wrote:

I have available a collection of Lawrence Durrell books that I am happy to
get to and give to anyone or library that would be interested.
Like many of you, I have, and will retain, second copies of my favourites.
And I have just re-read most of them.
I have included my list below.
These books fill two boxes and, of course, are quite heavy.
Within the next year, I will be travelling to Vancouver (within a few
days), London and Berlin, and then I will attend the next conference in
Chicago in July 2018.
Lea

*Lawrence Durrell collection                              Lea
Stogdale           2017*

*Books by Lawrence Durrell*

*Novels*

“The Black Book                                                Hard
cover
1938

“The Dark Labyrinth”                                      Soft cover
                           1947

“White Eagles over Serbia”                         Soft cover
                           1957

“The Alexandria Quartet: Justine  Balthazar Mountolive Clea”

Soft cover                           1968

The Revolt of Aphrodite

“Tunc”                                                                  Soft
cover                           1968

“Nunquam”                                                        Soft cover
                           1970

The Avignon Quintet

“Monsieur”                                                        Soft cover
                           1974

“Livia”                                                                   Soft
cover                           1978

“Constance”                                                       Soft cover
                           1982

“Sebastian”                                                        Soft
cover                           1983

“Quinx:                                                                 Soft
cover                           1985

“Judith”                                                                Soft
cover                           2012

*Poems*

“Lawrence Durrell: Collected Poems 1931-1974”
Hard cover          1980

*Travel and Place*

“Prospero’s Cell”                                              Soft cover
                           1945

“Reflections on a Marine Venus”              Soft cover
                           1996

                Introduction by David Roessel    First published
1953

“Bitter Lemons”
Soft cover                           1957

“Spirit of Place: Letters and Essays on Travel”      Hard cover
1969

“Sicilian Carousel”                                            Hard
cover
1977

“The Greek Islands”                                        Hard cover
1978

“The Greek Islands”                                        Soft cover
                           1980

“A Smile in the Mind’s Eye’                          Soft cover
                           1882

“Caesar’s Vast Ghost: Aspects of Provence”        Soft cover           1990

“The Lawrence Durrell Travel Reader”    Soft cover
2004

Edited by Clint Willis

*Diplomacy*

“Esprit de Corps”                                              Soft cover
                           1957

“Stiff Upper Lip:
Soft cover                           1958

“Sauve Qui Peut:                                              Soft cover
                           1966

“Blue Thirst”                                                       Soft
cover                           1975

*Correspondence*

“Lawrence Durrell & Henry Miller: A Private Correspondence:    Hard
copy
1962

“Literary Lifelines: The Richard Aldington-Lawrence Durrell Correspondence”

                                Edited by Ian S. MacNiven & Harry T.
Moore
Hard copy            1981

*Translation*

“Pope Joan”                                                       Soft cover
                           1954

*Associated books*

“Lear’s Corfu: An anthology drawn from the painter’s letters and prefaced
by Lawrence Durrell”

                                Painter Edward Lear

                                Including eight views of Corfu reproduced
from the original lithographs

                                Soft cover                           1965

“Lawrence Durrell: A Study by G.S. Fraser”                           Hard
cover          1968

“Durrelliania” An Illustrated Checklist of Inscribed Books of Lawrence
Durrell and Gerald Durrell and associated publications, letters and notes
in the library of Jeremy J.C. Mallinson.

                                                    Soft cover
1999

“Alexandria: City of Memory”    by Michael Haig                Hard
cover
2004

“A Chronology of the Life and Times of Lawrence Durrell: Homme de Lettres”

                                                                By Brewster
Chamberlin               Soft cover           2007

*Books by Gerald Durrell that include Larry*

“My Family and Other Animals”
Soft cover           1956

“Birds, Beasts and Relatives”
                                  Soft cover           1969

Durrellian books missing from this collection:

                “Lawrence Durrell: Selected Poems