[ilds] LD collection available

James Gifford james.d.gifford at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 19:08:59 PDT 2017

Hi Lea,

Please feel free to get in touch with me while you're in Vancouver.  I'm
in a full-day meeting Friday but am downtown Thursday.

As for your collection, am I correct in thinking you're in Manitoba?  I
suspect you might get the best value by doing a charitable donation to a
university.  UofM has an excellent Special Collection with some good
holdings for 20th century literature (including a Hemingway cluster of
materials).  I'd be glad to comment on their value in a letter for their
librarians, and the library could give a tax receipt.

You could also look to somewhere like Brandon University, which is
smaller, but their Dean is particularly active with modernist literature
and might warmly welcome such a donation.

All best,
James