[ilds] ILDS Listserv

PETER BALDWIN delospeter at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 7 21:47:40 PST 2016

A number of comments :

1. The ILDS needs to keep up with the times and consider how best to use social media

2. All such media are open to abuse and that, regrettably, has to be factored into our use of such media

3. If James' comments reflect a change of ILDS policy determined by the ILDS committee, I would rather it had be sent out first via The Herald for consultation.

4. Against my better judgement, I subscribe to both Facebook and Twitter. Contrary to my expectation when I subscribed to Facebook with a view to keeping in touch with far-fling family, I consider it useless. However, I have found it invaluable for special interest groups where info and photos can be shared - both helpful and enjoyable. I am still finding my feet with Twitter but, again, think it is a good forum for views on shared interest.

5. I personally would keep the list serve since there is no character limit.

Hope these comments help

Peter Baldwin

Sent from my iPhone