[ilds] listserv protocol

James Gifford james.d.gifford at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 13:53:07 PDT 2016

Hi Bruce,

I won't say much here since I don't want to be part of the distraction
from the more productive discussions on the listserv.  Suffice to say,
if there are people for whom I feel sorry, it is those who've had their
intellectual property mis-used.

As I'm sure has been evident for some time now, my aim is to promote
productive discussion on the list in order to further the aims of the
ILDS, and no matter how much someone may personally dislike me, I have
no desire to "ban" anyone and have not done so -- for a decade, I have
not had to reject a single posting until now, including many that have
been extremely derogatory toward me.  At the same time, I hold back the
extensive spam sent to the list just as I now must hold back personal ad
hominem or things that give the impression that the ILDS is complicit in
inappropriate activities.

I sincerely regret the acrimony this brings to the listserv since it is
a distraction from the good work that ought be going on from *everyone*
involved, including those who don't like me.  I also very much hope the
problem is resolved quickly so that my own work here gets easier...

All best,
James