[ilds] Durrell and the Nobel

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 1 13:37:20 PDT 2016

Richard, your comment on "political correctness" sums it up for me.  Bob Dylan is now politically correct, about 50 years after his greatest work.  So he can now get admitted to the Pantheon.  A very great writer like Nikos Kazantzakis, were he still alive, would still be politically incorrect.  I doubt the Swedes would ever acknowledge his greatness.

Bruce

Sent from my iPad