[ilds] Comparisons

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 10:33:40 PDT 2016

Agree.  There is no comparison on the personal level.  Personal names sometimes get turned into verbs and nouns:  Boycott, de Sade, Mesmer.  These are famous people who did something notorious or noteworthy.  “Trump” may become synonymous with mendacity and fraudulence.  “Durrell,” on the other hand, may become associated with verbal inventiveness and creativity.  No comparison.

Bruce