[ilds] Evaluating the Quintet

Richard Pine pinedurrellcorfu at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 14:29:38 PDT 2016

To appreciate the east-west tension in LD - and particularly the Quintet -
it's helpful to look at Kipling's *Kim* - which LD called his 'bedside
book' - and to look also at the ways western critics have tried to engage
with this tension - and then to look at the ways non-western critics like
Said and Chaudhuri have read *Kim*.
RP