[ilds] The Durrells tv series

Denise Tart & David Green dtart at bigpond.net.au
Mon Oct 3 19:09:03 PDT 2016

Richard,

I agree with all your points. Indeed I found it refreshing that Margot and Leslie featured strongly as well Louisa's desire for sex/love. Milo is almost a dead ringer for Gerry as a ten year old and that big hat; well I have one just like it at my holiday house. I may not be typical, but I came to Lawrence Durrell through his brother, so to speak. First MFAOA and the Donkey Rustlers, Garden of Gods, Catch me a Colobus etc. as I child and teenager I collected insects, sea life, kept turtles and evan had a dingy sometimes known as the Bootlebumtrinket. But Gerry's portrayal of Larry drew me in and that's  how the lawrentian fascination began. I visited Corfu in 1985 on a Durrell pilgrimage and a return visit is long overdue. Sadly, Greek wines in general and Corfiot olives are not that easy to come by here. Unlike many, I enjoy retsina very much. Here's to all the Durrells, certainly a family who changed my life.

David Whitewine

Sent from my iPad