[ilds] The Durrells tv series

Denise Tart & David Green dtart at bigpond.net.au
Mon Oct 3 13:36:53 PDT 2016

Yes, season one of the Durrells screened recently here in Australia. Surprisingly, it was picked up by the 7 network, a commercial channel, rather than the ABC. Denise and I enjoyed it. It plays with some of the 'facts'  but is well acted and scripted. Mrs Durrell is the star and gun toting Leslie has a prominent role. Larry is more subdued than in some portrayals, most notably by Mathew Goode in 2005. Watch out for the vulgar but amusing captain Creech. This series is best enjoyed with a chilled bottle of Richmond Grove Chardonnay and a plate of Kalamata olives. Looking forward to season two.

David Whitewine.

Sent from my iPad