[ilds] Mediterranean hinterlands

James Gifford james.d.gifford at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 02:47:44 PDT 2016

Dear all,

Greetings from Toulouse where Isabelle Keller-Privat has jus organized a very successful conference on the Mediterranean hinterlands:

http://www.univ-tlse2.fr/accueil/agenda/the-mediterranean-and-its-hinterlands-le-pays-en-profondeur--377012.kjsp

There were plenty of excellent papers on Durrell to be watched for in Caliban in the future. I'll announce to the list when that happens.

Also, for anyone in Europe, the Art et Liberté exhibition of Egyptian Surrealism starts in Paris in October and runs in Dresden, Madrid, & Liverpool until March 2018. It has some great material on Durrell's milieu in 1940s Egypt (very highly recommended):

http://www.artreoriented.com/

Last and least, I have a squib with a bit on Durrell through the British Association of Modernist Studies. This one's just for fun:

http://themodernistreview.co.uk/a-frightful-hobgoblin-stalks-through-modernism/

All best,
James

Sent from my iPad