[ilds] Tunc kick off

Richard Pine pinedurrellcorfu at gmail.com
Sat May 21 14:50:16 PDT 2016

If you want to read about the 67-74 fascist junta in Greece, the literature
is extensive,
Try
"Eighteen texts" - a collection of texts by Greek writers published after
Seferis' historic denunciation of the junta - Harvard UP 1972
"Greece under Military Rule" 1972 by Richard Clogg and George Yannopoulos
(while the junta was still in power)
"Inside the Colonels' Greece" 1972, by "Athenian" - the pseudonym of Rodis
Roufos (yes, the same man who took issue with Durrell over Cyprus in "Age
of Bronze")
"Democracy at Gunpoint" by Andreas Papandreou, 1971
"Nightmare in Athens" by his wife, Margareta Papandreou, 1970
(both, of course, written in exile)
"The Rape of Greece" - by my colleague Peter Murtagh, 1994
These are suggested starting points, as discussed in my recent book "Greece
Through Irish Eyes2.
RP

On Sun, May 22, 2016 at 12:01 AM, Kennedy Gammage <gammage.kennedy at gmail.com