[ilds] Free Market

Richard Pine pinedurrellcorfu at gmail.com
Thu May 19 04:50:33 PDT 2016

The point is that Forster, Durrell, Heinlein et al had the genius to
realise that these developments were possible/likely, long before the
inventors discovered them. These things are only there, waiting to be
invented (by which I mean literally discovered). The mark of genius is that he
"can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he
sees the *dawn
before the rest of the world" (O Wilde) I doubt if any of us can do that -
we are merely critics and readers (and sometimes not even that)*

*RP*