[ilds] OER

Bruce Redwine bredwine1968 at earthlink.net
Mon May 16 07:55:05 PDT 2016

Yes.  Another point about the “paywall.”  I understand that publishers have to make money to stay publishing, but I don’t understand their greed to gouge the public.  Many a time I’ve found an article I’d like to buy—but not if the publisher is charging $25+ to download.  I’ve worked in a publishing house and know how some editors think—charge whatever the market will bear, and if that’s 10x the value of the product, then so be it.  I’ll really against this “free-market” mentality.

Bruce