[ilds] And Then, next?

PETER BALDWIN delospeter at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 17 20:18:45 PDT 2016

I cannot support the idea of Charlock the 'detective' qua Sherlock, although I agree that Charlock (an 'inventor' not a 'detective') stands to reject the rational for the sake of the more dangerous intuitive, but is that not what the Heraldic Universe called upon us to do?

Troubled by the use in this exchange of the term 'pun', my Oxford Dict of Lit Terms guides me to the better term, I suggest, - polysemy - the capacity to carry several meanings. Here, for those better equipped to deal with the semotic aspects of this novel might discuss the metaphorical reading of the (deliberate) confusion in these names ( Charlock etc ) . A Ricoeur reading?

My own take on the Dost quote is the proposal by D that logic (2x2) cannot provide a resolution. For that you must look elsewhere and this D tries to make us do

Alongside these thoughts, I am dipping into Pine's excellent 'The Mindscape' with its helpful guide to the genesis of Tunc (chap 19 passim)

Peter

Sent from my iPhone