[ilds] discussions

Robin Collins robin.w.collins at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 12:22:18 PDT 2016

All

I was just starting to enjoy the rants and raves, and now someone is
leaving the list, alas.
Other than the ad hominems aimed at list members, it seems to me all
critiques are fair game if directed at the texts (quality or
interpretations) or at the author(s) and author motivations.

I've learned at lot (and was fascinated) by the range of views regarding L
Durrell and Bitter Lemons (there's an excellent piece in the Deus Loci I
received in the mail the other day, same subject that others must have
read.)

Compared to some listservs I'm on, the level of invective here is admirably
tame. Onwards!

Robin