[ilds] re Bitter Lemons and Durrell attitudes to colonialism

Robin Collins robin.w.collins at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 13:06:29 PDT 2016

 I feel a bit out of my reach here, but when I read Espirt de Corps
(pub.1951?) a long time ago, while I didn't find it hilarious by any
stretch, I didn't get the feeling that LD took himself or the diplomatic
corps (and bey extension British colonialism) particularly seriously. It
was a job to him, a source of income so that he could write...
Anyone have a more recent memory of this book?

Robin