[ilds] The Durrells

PETER BALDWIN delospeter at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 4 22:39:19 PDT 2016

The focus is on a stressed mother, Louisa, struggling with four unruly 'children'

That GD found fascination with wildlife on Corfu through the mentoring of Theo hardly gets a look in. The whole compares very badly for the fan of the D family against books (given how key the Greek experience was to both brothers) and previous adaptions

Pleased to see the shrine of St A used for some scenes - thankfully not identified as such

Contrast BBC in 1990's (?) when the wildlife filming reflected G's fascination with animals

As you say, if it brings cash to G's estate ie for the Jersey Zoo that's some good

No sponsorships trails for Panic Spring for the series!

Peter

Peterhttp://www.thevictoriabarntgreen.co.uk/
Sent from my iPhone