[ilds] Durrell mention in TNY 2/22/16

james Esposito giacomoesposito72 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 00:53:18 PST 2016

I have a copy of the original edition with the wonderful evocative photos.
I also bought a copy of the reprint - a small paperback - which has no
photos. When I inquired about the absence of the photos I was told that
Fabers had bought the photos from agency George Rainbird Ltd for the
original edition only, and the reason for not including them in the reprint
was either that the photos were no longer available or the price was
prohibitive. Either way, the photos enhance the text enormously, and the
picture-less edition is far less interesting.
James Esposito