[ilds] Women in Jounalism

James Gifford james.d.gifford at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 09:30:46 PST 2016

Hi James,

Welcome!  Jim Nichols has a fairly recent book on Durrell's Women, /The
Stronger Sex/, which is close to what you note, but there hasn't really
been any work on gender that takes the critical work of the past 20
years into account (Butler, Halberstam, et al).  And Jim's book hasn't
been discussed on the listserv at all, I don't think.

There's a definite continuity from Ruth in /Pied Piper/ through Melissa,
Iolanthe, and Sylvie, etc...

Best,
James