[ilds] Women in Jounalism

james Esposito giacomoesposito72 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 06:48:15 PST 2016

As a newcomer to this list I may be saying the obvious, in which case
please forgive my ignorance, but I would have thought that the misogyny in
Durrell's work was so obvious, and marches alongside his equally obvious
love of women, that it requires little comment or outraged response, more
like a full-scale thesis on the subject, analysing "Durrell's Women" from
the first novel, set in India, where he remembers his own birth, through to
Constance, Livia and others in the Quintet. I know next to nothing about
whether this has any connection with his private life. Perhaps you have
been over this ground before?
James Esposito