[ilds] misogyny

sue.jansons at eryn-carantaur.com sue.jansons at eryn-carantaur.com
Thu Feb 11 01:29:22 PST 2016

Hello, everybody!

I haven't felt discouraged or silenced at all, just very much an amateur
when it comes to Durrell, so I've been interested in what other people
have to say, but not so confident about saying anything myself. I've
sometimes had questions I might have asked, but it feels wrong to expect
people to take the time to answer me when I'm not contributing myself. I
certainly haven't detected anything that would specifically have
discouraged anyone of my gender from participating.

I _have_ belonged to other email discussion groups that have been _very_
discouraging. One Harry Potter group allocated each new member a 'mentor'
whose job was to vet the newcomer's emails before they were circulated.
Needless to say, I never responded there!

Thank you for all the time and expertise you regulars devote to Durrell. I
always enjoy following your discussions.

Sue Jansons