[ilds] Durrell as poet

Kennedy Gammage gammage.kennedy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 13:38:04 PST 2016

That was a very good week on the ILDS listserv James: 5 May 2008. Shortly
before I joined, and long before I first posted. Lots of great discussion,
though perhaps more heat than light? As usual, Bruce could not be persuaded
- though I was under the perhaps mistaken impression that he actually likes
this poem!

One thing I just failed to track down online concerning underlining and the
interlinear in used books - the great Harold Bloom once said that when he
discovered yellow highlighting in used books (or library books) written by
him was - the readers never highlighted what he expected them to
highlight...

Cheers - Ken