[ilds] Waugh Panel - Univ of Texas

William Apt billyapt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 15:02:52 PST 2016

Fellow members:

I just received the latest issue of the Herald and noticed that the University of Texas's British Studies Dept. will be hosting a Waugh archive discussion on April 8th. I am a long time member of the British Studies Lecture Series and former undergrad student of Prof. William Roger Louis, its Director. If any of you will be in in Austin to attend, please do let me know. I know the best Mexican food and BBQ places in town and how to make a good margarita - a real margarita, the way God likes them!

All the best, and looking forward to Crete,

Billy

PS: Christopher Middleton, author of the Heraldic Universe, and noted by MacNivan as one of the first scholars to understand what LD was trying to achieve artistically, lived here until his death this past November. I tried to get him to attend OMG in London but he just wasn't interested. He felt his interest in LD was from long ago and that he had moved on. He did tell me that LD's poetry was LD's greatest achievement.

WILLIAM APT
Attorney at Law
812 San Antonio St, Ste 401
Austin TX 78701